Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
For those of you who have kept up with my progress reports of how messed up my records are, here's an update.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17217785

I almost separated 7 months ago and ever since the day, I have had nothing but pay problems to speak of and now I find out I am not even in any of the main databases as an active duty member. I am inactive reserves... I'm not sure that the re-enlistment people are aware of my October sign-up and now it's a collaboration of efforts from the inactive reserve side of the house <who discovered the error on Friday>, My servicing MPF at Buckley AFB, and the Air Force Personnel Center at Randolph.

This is unreal to me... no break in service and still all this comes about.

In reference to my pay, I got underpaid when I came back in... then apparently overpaid as DFAS docked my pay for 3 months making up the difference on manual pay for the first 3 months this year... add a correction to my W2 form that I received on April 15 with barely enough time submit for taxes... the latest I found out on the first of this month is the omission of my clothing allowance which I found was partially paid on my separation <for 6 months>

I feel like the poster child for all that goes wrong... and so now I play the waiting game while everyone takes a look around and figures out how to get me back in the system.

Is this crazy or what?

CaveGirl
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.