Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
1) Houdini Dog appears completely healed, if the flying leaps he is taking at El Stupido are any indication. They are wrestling just like they used to. We are under the impression (due to some comments that the vet made and the fact that he keeps growing and is almost bigger than him now) that Houdini Dog will end up a good bit bigger than El Stupido, which will look positively hilarious because he’s a gentle giant and walks on a lead like a champ (so I hold his leash, plus, you know, he’s “mine”), and El Stupido can’t *walk* anywhere, he must runsniffjoghikeRUN, so T holds his lead. The big man will walk the smaller happy dog, the little girl-child looking woman will walk the large mean looking one. <EYEROLL>

2) The kids – fabulous. Her Bootiness loves preschool, and her babysitter reports that she gets back to her house, eats lunch, and then passes the hell out for a nap. Q loves first grade, and is extra-tired at night himself.

3) Fall baseball for Q has started. Lawd save us all. Thankfully the fields they are scheduled for are all near the playground equipment for the little ones, so one of the other moms and I just basically plan on sitting at the playground and watching from there, like we did this week. We will check the line up before we head that way, and then whoever’s kid is up to bat will go to the fence to watch, then switch off for the other one. Probably horribly antisocial, but I just don’t think I can take one more season of attempting to corral a handful of under-five-year-olds to bleachers while we watch our boys gets an utter spanking on the field any longer. I just can’t do it.

4) T’s softball has only one week left, and he gets a few weeks’ break then starts his own basketball schedule as well as helping coach a coworker’s kid’s team. Between now and basketball starting we have one long camping weekend, one family wedding, one friend’s wedding, one weekend with 4 of his family members staying with us, two work weekends for him (including the weekend his relatives are here) and 1.5 weekends of work for me. Yippee.

5) The heels I wore yesterday gave me a blister on the bottom of the big toe of my left foot. How in jeebus’s name does that chit happen?

6) I don’t think we’ll get our pay cut back anytime soon. Which makes me sad, because I like money.

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.