Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Wow! The French must be furious! The 20212 Games go to London.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SPORT/07/06/singapore.olympics/index.html

Way to go Brits!

Charlie
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 6
I wish they had given it to New York, but if we couldn't get it, I'm glad the Brits got it. At least they didn't give it to the French, and the way Jacques Chirac has been putting his foot in his mouth at the G8 summit, it might have started a war if they had. I can't even remember all the nasty things he said, but among them was his low opinion of British and Finnish food. There are more than a few people on the planet who think the French are rude, and their president has now proven that he is one Frenchman who fits the description. I'm damn glad they didn't give them another Olympics while he's in office.
No. of Recommendations: 1
The 20212 Games go to London

Wow, they are planning that a bit far out ;)
Wow, they are planning that a bit far out ;)

Sorry...I was half way out the door, and I posted too quickly. I apologize.

Charlie
Wonder if the bombings had anything to do with the announcement?

Not really thinking a competing country was upset and bombed them, but more that Al Q is trying to point out vulnerabilities.

Really sad day. :(
Al Qaeda will never get near London while the Olympics are on. They'll turn it into an armed camp while the Games are on, and there'll be so much military and police around, just as there were in Athens, that no planes/boats/vehicles can get anywhere near there that don't belong there. If AQ is gonna pull anything during the Games, they'll pull it somewhere far from London where nobody is looking. Surprised they didn't do that during the Athens Games.