Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
www.northwayestates.com

Been here nearly a year now. Beautiful!

:)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
My parents spent the summer months at Lake George at Sabbath Day Pt.

My sister has the house now...right on the shore.....million dollar view...

Great in the summer time. I was just there..temps in the 70s and low 80s.....not even warm enough to get me to go in swimming.....

But winters are long, dark and miserable and cold!...yuk!.....

It was already down in the 50s in the morning...some places 40s in the Adirondacks.....and that in August!....

I'll stay in TX for 8 months of nice 'winter weather' with 3 weeks of bad weather thrown in .....

t.
No. of Recommendations: 2
But winters are long, dark and miserable and cold!...yuk!.....

There are people who enjoy the northern climates in Winter too. Skiing, snowshoing, snow mobiles, ice skating, ice fishing, Winterwonderland.

It's not for everyone. But some do enjoy it.
Ah, but Saratoga Springs is warm in the winter. Lake George is an hour north of here and higher altitude.

Lots of great eateries and the downtown is warm and lively through those cold winter nights.

The Saratoga Spa park has cross country skiing and ice skating!

Fun winters.

Honest.

Donna
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Ah, but Saratoga Springs is warm in the winter. Lake George is an hour north of here and higher altitude.

Lots of great eateries and the downtown is warm and lively through those cold winter nights.

The Saratoga Spa park has cross country skiing and ice skating!

Fun winters.

Honest.

Donna "

--

Hey Donna...I spent 4 years in Troy NY. It got down to 25 below zero..and Troy NY is 40 miles south of Saratoga Springs.

It's friggin' cold up that way in winter..days are 'short' due to the northern latitude.

Yeah, downtown Saratoga is 'active' if you can get there in the ice and snow......and find a place to park (hard).....

My parents/mom always bugged out before the snow started to fly in November.

Heck, I remember snow storms in October up that way..and May is still barely 'spring' up that way.

You can have it!

And you better check your geography - Lake George is at about 353 feet AMSL at the Lake Shore where my sister's house is. Saratoga Springs is at 300 feet. Wow....50 foot difference in elevation.

You can have your 8 months of cold, miserable, dark winters with snow and ice and sub zero temps.The older I get the less and less I like winters.

t.
<<You can have your 8 months of cold, miserable, dark winters with snow and ice and sub zero temps.The older I get the less and less I like winters.

t.
>>

As I understand it, upstate New York real estate is taxed like crazy to try to keep New York state government afloat.

I'm told the taxes are so high that it depresses real estate prices because people are discouraged from living and buying in such areas.

I don't know how true that might be...

Seattle Pioneer
...I'm told the taxes are so high that it depresses real estate prices because people are discouraged from living and buying in such areas...

Then one could live in Europe were property taxes include household belongings, silverware, unused postage stamps, etc.

TB
property taxes include household belongings

In Missouri we still pay personal property taxes on cars, boats, airplanes, RVs, motorcycles, ATVs, jet skiis, snow mobiles, etc. Once you also had to report libraries and number of cows, horses, hogs, and sheep. Somehow ducks, geese, and chickens avoided the list.
In Missouri we still pay personal property taxes on cars, boats, airplanes, RVs, motorcycles, ATVs, jet skiis, snow mobiles, etc. Once you also had to report libraries and number of cows, horses, hogs, and sheep. Somehow ducks, geese, and chickens avoided the list.

Did you have a point?

CNC
Did you have a point?

Yes, Europe is not the only place where you pay property taxes on personal property. And I suspect you pay in other states in the US too.

Is there some comprehension problem around here?
"Yes, Europe is not the only place where you pay property taxes on personal property. And I suspect you pay in other states in the US too."

I remember living in VA and hating the personal property tax on vehicles. You buy a new one and maybe pay $1500 or $2000 a year on it...until it 'depreciated' a bit. Made lots of incentive to keep an old car and only one of them.

No property taxes in TX....but they get you about $125 a year in registration and inspection fees per car......

NY state and other New England states bad for gas taxes....50c a gallon more up that way compared to OK, AR and TX.....same for CA....

t.
hmmm I pay no taxes but do pay lot rent ...

I love it here1

But then I am a December baby and love the snow!

Donna