Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Has anyone ever had problems resolving concerns with this company?

In my case, it's the 2nd time that a check has never reached them...even when sent via certified mail with Co signature needed. I've been told to send payments to address A, then when I do, it doesn't reach them & I'm told to send payment to address B. Customer service representatives all have distinct foreign accent, making phone communication a challenge...each time I call, I can ask the same question...but yet receive a different answer each time. It sounds like the reps may be reading from scripted canned responses. I'm concerned the life insurance may be eventually canceled...stating they've never received my payment. Help---any suggestions would be most welcome...other than seeking another life insurance company. My husband is considered higher-risk, due to his health history...and we have not been successful in finding a suitable/affordable life insurance policy.

Is there a governing office that may be a resource?

signed,
frustrated Apache
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
apacherose asks,

My rule of thumb when dealing with any kind of insurance company. "If my problem isn't solved in the first phone call, my next move is to file a complaint with the State Insurance Commissioner."

intercst
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you Intercst for your timely prompt reply.

The Life Insurance Co headquarters is now in Wisconsin...& I'm not a resident of that state.
This may be a silly question, but I need to know: Do I contact Wisconsin State Insurance Commissioner or my own FL State Ins Commissioner.

Gratefully,
Apache
Out of state insurance companies have to register with the local State Insurance Commissioner to sell policies in the that state. If you bought the policy while in Florida, I'd make the complaint there.

If you bought the policy while a resident of Wisconsin, then I'd file the complaint with the Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner.

intercst
In my case, it's the 2nd time that a check has never reached them

Why would you pay with a check? Eliminate your problems with an electronic payment. If you have issue trusting that open a separate account for payments and auto transfer the money to that account the day before it's due. Problem solved.

I know the mail has been horrible, we had someone get a Christmas card from December 10, 2020 on May 20th 2021. Out company still sends checks out and 30 days later people still had not received it. It's a real problem just about everywhere however some areas are worse than others. Out Attorney General is investigating the problem in our area.

Make the electronic switch and be done with the headaches.
Hello Canonian,

This particular company has no electronic payment setup NOR can I access account online & pay via credit card. They do not accept credit card payments. I've inquired countless times of payment options & I'm told only personal check or money order payments accepted. The only electronic payment permitted, is allowing USFLI to access my bank account & automatically withdraw premiums. I don't trust them to have direct access to my bank account.

Sincerely,
Apache
My bank offers bill payment, automatic and otherwise. For some bills like large electric utilities that vary every month they can make it completely paperless; the utility sends them my bill and they pay the amount without my doing anything. (My wife used that for the electric bill, I get the paper and input the amount and data manually.) Bills that are the same every month, like my mortgage, I just set it to repeat. For large companies they make payments electronically. For others, like the small outfit that delivers fuel oil, they actually write and mail a check for no charge. Of course it is only "no charge" because I keep a balance at the bank, but the convenience is huge for me.
No. of Recommendations: 3
The only electronic payment permitted, is allowing USFLI to access my bank account & automatically withdraw premiums. I don't trust them to have direct access to my bank account.

In my last reply I mentioned setting up another bank account for this purpose. I do this for a couple of things I have linked to my bank and I only fund it with what is need to the exact penny. In your case you can schedule an automatic transfer with your bank for the exact amount the day before they pull the money from the separate account. Works well, gives you the security needed and will take care of your payment woes.