Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Can anyone give me a site to find out about tax issues for US investors buying canadian securties, particularly closed end funds and Royalty Trusts. The closed end fund company referred me to the closed end fund association web page but I found nothing useful there. For the closed end fund I am guessing Canadian taxes would be taken out and I could take the deduction or fill out the paperwork and get the credit but what about the Royalty Trusts?

Thanks in advance
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.