Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
They are awful at these games.

And what's with the pearls and tiaras? As an announcer said, you have to walk the walk.

The appear sloppy on the course and not focused.

And maybe they all need to wear helmets? You will take more chances and go faster if you are not as worried about splitting your melon open.

bigpix
Print the post Back To Top
The appear sloppy on the course and not focused.

Unlike Bode Miller who is demonstrating great skill thus far (but not in skiing). His three races: 5th place, Disqualified and DNF.

Christina
Unlike Bode Miller who is demonstrating great skill thus far (but not in skiing)

Stick with the subject. The women's team.

But since you brought him up, what has he demonstrated off the hill?

He did get the fastest run in the downhill portion of the combined. Yes, he did hit a gate in the slalom portion.

Blame the media and not Bodie. All he wants to do is ski and be left alone.

And by the way, a fifth in the downhill is pretty damned good.

bigpix
Blame the media and not Bodie. All he wants to do is ski and be left alone.

You say that, but he doesn't act like it. If he didn't want the media attention, he would not have said what he said during the 60 minutes interview. He would not have been clubbing the night before his first comp. He would not be testing new skiis the day before the comp. He would not blow off inspecting the run. OK, maybe that is in his character. But he wouldn't just walk away after making an honest mistake that could have happened to anyone.

I am sorry, I can't give him a complete pass.

Fuskie
Who agrees that 5th in the downhill is pretty good unless you ski like Greg Maddux used to pitch in his prime...
Bode is not from the traditional mold.

Plenty of racers and competitors go out before the race. They know what they are capable and what works for them. I have to think that since he came of last year as the overall champ of the World Cup he knows what it takes for him.

Also remember that these guys know the course since they've skied it in the past. Some guys take every minute granted to inspect the course, many don't.

As for testing skis, I leave that to him. He knows skis and since he has skied on the same ones and they smoked for him, I trust his judgement.

I don't think I gave him a complete pass. I wouldn't try to get into his head.

bigpix
I have to think that since he came of last year as the overall champ of the World Cup he knows what it takes for him.

Well, I appreciate how much experience you have and all but I note that the head coach of the team apparently questions whether Bode will be able to do it at the Olympics. And while I know that the games are only half over and I understand that his fifth place finish was "good", he's not exactly showing himself as a "champ" right now, is he?

Christina
Coaches coach, he skis.

He is also the one who once when told to get back out on the hill to keep working on form or else he wouldn't get anywhere, asked is coach who sat there all smug with his furry boots up on his desk. "what are you effing kidding me?"

He then went on to make the Jr. National Team.

I'm done with this subject until you care to discuss the OP.

bigpix
I'm done with this subject until you care to discuss the OP.

Deja vu, all over again!

Christina
Well I would like to talk about their outfits. What's the whole deal with that? I must have missed something.

Fill me in please!

=) Megan
the American women are excelling, adorned on the slopes with a tiara (Mancuso) or fake pearl strands (Resi Stiegler).

bigpix