Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
been on a day and....blown away
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I use it. Why are you using it and can I voyeur? :)
No. of Recommendations: 0
Dunno anything about it, hear it's amazing though.
been using it heavily since 2015. definitely pay the fee to save your archives. it's useful.
I'm ashamed to say that I have not used Slack and know very little about it. I retired just before it came into use at my old company. I should be on it anyway, and will get there eventually, but I haven't so far because I'm basically anti-social ;).

Anyway, the question I would like to toss out about Slack is how much of a potential threat is it to FB long term? Based on the experiences of those of you who have used it, will it mostly appeal to a geeky/business subset, or will Grandma and Grandpa eventually get on it? (Possibly because that's where all their grandchildren are)
No. of Recommendations: 2
Slack is not a threat to Facebook.
Slack is enterprise. The main competitors would be Microsoft and Atlassian.

Interestingly, Microsoft’s collaboration tools are starting to get more fun and productive to use*. I think they’ve done a good job at shutting the door on Slack a bit. At work, We hate Sharepoint slightly less these days, if you can believe it.

*slack is still better for threaded conversation, in my opinion. it’s a really nice app.
At work, We hate Sharepoint slightly less these days, if you can believe it.

Can't.