No. of Recommendations: 55
I understand the content of the Annie Board and appreciate the fact that caring people exist in the world, since I'm not one of them, but please.

If one of the redheaded stepchild boards (and don't pretend you don't know I mean boards like GMS, BOPE, PA, and the like) tried a stunt like that the known board miscreants would be suspended or at least a lot of "frivolously" rec'd posts would be removed.

My question: Are stunts allowed if the content of your Board is considered laudable by TMFOverlords.

If so, I can live with that

yours respectfully
Joelsenior
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
My question: Are stunts allowed if the content of your Board is considered laudable by TMFOverlords.

If so, I can live with that

Are you comparing the posts on Annie's board to useless posts like when Gimme My Recs used to dominate the board? Or when Gimme My Stars used to dominate the board? Have a little patience, when it's over the board will get back to normal. Considering that when a poll was posted and it had over 60 votes in 15 minutes it tells you that it's a high traffic board at the moment.

Deannda
Did you read any of the posts on the board that are in the top 25, they are not all "useless"
No. of Recommendations: 13
Are you comparing the posts on Annie's board to useless posts like when Gimme My Recs used to dominate the board? Or when Gimme My Stars used to dominate the board? Have a little patience, when it's over the board will get back to normal. Considering that when a poll was posted and it had over 60 votes in 15 minutes it tells you that it's a high traffic board at the moment.

Deannda
Did you read any of the posts on the board that are in the top 25, they are not all "useless"
===================================================================

No.
No.

Yes I've read most of them. I think I saw some requesting a rec-push to fill the Best of Board. My question was is this sort of stunt allowable if the content of the board is praiseworthy.

Joelsenior
ps you're not an Overlord so mind your own beeswax

No. of Recommendations: 1

Yeah, so I've been told over and over again, sorry, didn't mean to have an opinion and I'm the one who asked for the people to push the recs because this is something I've been very passionate about.

But you're right, I was wrong to do that and will back off now.

Deannda
Too close for my own good sometimes
No. of Recommendations: 2

If you're posting on a community board, anyone can and will respond to it. If you wanted only to hear from TMF staff members, you should have written a letter to them. I personally find it distatsteful to ask for recs on a post, so I see your point.Then again, people always have the option of not recing what they don't wish to.

TMF is a living breathing community and it changes over time.This too shall pass and the Best Of list will change once again.I didn't see anything in the rules saying you can't ask for members to rec a post, but if the posts were really all that worthy, one wouldn't have to ask.

J.P.
No. of Recommendations: 1
TMF is a living breathing community and it changes over time.This too shall pass and the Best Of list will change once again.

It would live and breath and change a lot faster if recs were unlimited.

-ej (just sayin')
No. of Recommendations: 0
It would live and breath and change a lot faster if recs were unlimited.

-ej (just sayin')

Oh...yer one of them <<g>>

J.P.(a different animal)