Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
What tools! Costas and Whitlock should stick to commenting on sports.

Mike

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/03/bob-costas-jovan-belcher-g...

“But here, wrote Jason Whitlock, is what I believe: ‘If Jovan Belcher didn’t possess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.’”
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
“But here, wrote Jason Whitlock, is what I believe: ‘If Jovan Belcher didn’t possess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.’”

This is more absurd that "We had high tax rates under Clinton and an awesome economy, so let's raise taxes!!!" It's not even 3rd grade logic.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Costas is a friggin' clown. In his world (sports) everything's fake when you boil it all down. The rule breakers stop when the whistle is blown and then either go to the penalty box, the other team gets free shots to score, they're fined, whatever.

Meanwhile in the real world if you're walking down the street and some thug decides he likes your shoes he might just kill you for them. Blowing a whistle wouldn't stop them, they'd just get more peeved. But a .45 might be the only thing between you going home that night or going to the morgue on a slab. These thugs aren't roaming the halls of 30 Rock looking to shake down Costas so what does he care?

He's insulated from the real world crime elements, but he doesn't care if we're left totally at the mercy of those thugs. He wouldn't deign dirty himself with having to defend himself, that's what he has hired security for. Don't we all? No Bob, no we don't. My hired security is a 9mm I have to feed and train with all on my own. You want to take that away from me for my own good? I have some choice words for you buddy!
No. of Recommendations: 2

They are both total morons.

If there were no guns, Kasandra would still be dead. What do you think her chances would have been in hand to hand combat vs an NFL linebacker. It would have been just as brutal but would have taken longer to kill her. Or he simply could have used a knife.

Toss up as to Jovan being alive. He could have then turn and used the knife on himself. Stabbed himself in the heart.

What will be lost in all of this, CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephelopathy). Hopefully an autopsy is done and they can get good sections of brain to study. Supposedly he had some concussions. No a large leap from CTE to homocide/suicide. Anyone remember Chris Henry? Wide receiver died after falling out of truck during a domestic dispute, CTE.

JLC