Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, just new to this board since after 10 year of working I've decided I should update my resume ... and maybe even look to see what else is out there.

So here's my question ... What the school of thought on indicating non-degree earned educational history on a resume?

My case is that I started an engineering masters program part time during my full time work history, but quit after 5 classes (due to burn out). Plus, I also thought things over and decided that I would rather like to work on an MBA now (to incorporate some business knowledge with the technical side) instead of ever trying to finish with the EE degree. I'm thinking of starting the MBA program a year or two from right now.

Anyway, these 5 classes I took directly applied to my field of work (image processing) and definitly helped me at work (and even seem applicable to the work history listed on my resume), but does it look weak to indicate "graduate classes attended:" and then list them all out on a resume where no degree was finished?

Thanks for any advice,

Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.