Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 16
I finished reading the 10.28.05 Value Investor Insight newsletter. I am continually impressed with the product. Larry Robbins and Tom Brown offered solid & practial advice with the longs and shorts. I have some fundamentally different views of specific stocks, but that's what is so terrific about the stock market. Two apparent reasonable people can have wide divergent views.

The fact that Tom Brown took his father's $130,000 (in 1983) and turned it into $18 million (in 2000) is simply incredible.

Bill Mann is one of the presenters at the 11.15.05 - 11.16.05 conference. It's good to see Zeke and Mark Sellers also scheduled to appear. Whitney Tilson gave a lot of time & effort into articles with the Motley Fool. Although he is competitor now with his newsletter, I sure would like to see fool.com appear to be an ambassador to the financial world - and embrace and discuss this newsletter. Tilson's newsletter, & OID, are dramatically different than fool.com newsletters. Tilson's newsletter is pretty much an analysis of financial professionals and their respective picks. The newsletter doesn't recommend stocks - it allows the reader to perform their own due dilgigence and buy a mentioned stock.

Fool.com newsletters are focused more for the amateur stock investor who wants specific stocks recommended for them, and fool.com allows an ongoing discussion to develop thru the boards. Both newsletters have their own great merits and benefits.

Please consider giving some props to Whitney Tilson. (And since I'm at it, give some props to Tom Jacobs and Jeff Fisher who went out on their own to start a terrific service.) These are folks who helped make fool.com what it is. I despise watching Zeke, Tom Jacobs, Coolcat, Jeff Fisher, Tilson - who provided so much great insight over the years - leave & then the fool.com puts in a replacement. In my view, these folks deserve a little bit more respect and less of a "us vs. them" attitude from fool.com.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.