No. of Recommendations: 2
Buongiorno...Good Morning from a new board member...

Thanks so much for taking me under your wing all...I want to take a little time and explain our situation to you...

About a two years ago my husband and I were about ready to go under. The big B....I didn't know what to do and he was in agreement. We were addicted to STUFF!!! We had nice things in our home, nice clothes and the kids had the STUFF they always wanted. Every month we would pay the minimums and count ourselves lucky. Some past problems with a house and a car didn't help our finacial situation.

Well one day I sat down and said enough was enough. We were into our eyeballs. We talked about options. At this point we already had two consolidation loans and our credit was shot. He is in the military and we decided if we didn't get in control his carreer was going to go down the tubes. I had a pretty good job but we were only paying the minimums and things would get late because for the most part we would rob Peter to pay Paul to get the Extra's.

We decided on a plan. Ameridebt or consumer counseling was part of it. We went to Ameridebt and they got 4 of our main bills to either lower their interest rate or drop it all together. Of course we closed those accounts.

We were doing pretty good. Calmed the spending down. Started using just cash. Then Greg told me we were moving...UGH!!! Leave it to military to put a kink in our goals. We had some savings but didn't count on me being out of work. Thank goodness it only took 2 months for me to get a job...can you say bye bye savings...Well it is 4 months since I got my job. We are doing pretty good.

We are not behind on our payments...I am very thankful for that. So maybe I should be glad. I am paying way extra on one bill a month to get things paid off. Gateway paid off this next month.

BUT!! Every month I look at the interest rate on Sears and I say "I have been a good customer to these people for years. And still they yank my chain with this killer interest rate. What the hell is up with that." It really pisses me off just to think about it. That is why I asked about actually calling to get the limit lowered. I will have it paid off by July *crosses her fingers* But still does being a long term customer hold any value? By the way they didn't want to Ameridebt. In other words no dice.

As for Ameridebt I am doing research to see if I can keep the interest rates they negotiated for us if I pull out of their service....Has anyone had any experience in this?

I hope you are all going to have a Happy Holiday!!!

Ciao,

Alli

Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.