Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 13
The echo chamber tells me to power through my nosebleeds and to buy/hold growth stocks.

I read forums like this one to balance the hysteria and read the thoughts from those who share my nerves, as I continue to hit ATH's while businesses remain empty and cases mount.

That said, the market will, in the end, always go up, so perhaps it is a fools game to try and market time. Perhaps if we call it "sector rotatation," we can convince ourselves we aren't trying to time the market.

So where do these useless words lead me... I maintain my fan fave growth stocks of AYX, ZM (in a much smaller allocation), OKTA, DDOG, CRWD, ESTC, SMAR, ROKU, WORK, NET in smaller allocations. Went heavy into LVGO and FSLY about six weeks ago as I try and move into smaller market cap growth stocks and then got to high five myself for being a genius. Will probably punch myself in the junk for not selling but I find smaller allocations keep me from feeling totally left out of gains and not so bad if we have a growth collapse. Hoping for MGNI (growth not yet where it needs to be and near term sounds like a bummer - but in the right position) and KC/OCFT (shout out) to step up. I find gains much too appealing to pull out of these stocks while recognizing we are in a dangerous (but lucrative) greed mode. So, to sleep at night, I have diversified putting a healthy portion of my portfolio into more conservative value stocks still well off their highs and that havent enjoyed the post crash jump, like LUV, BUD, WFC, SBUX (pending) smaller banks with potential to double when things resume (ALLY, CIT, ASB - below stress test requirement) and PK, SPG and HHC as further covid recovery plays. Also some RVLV since the millenials need their skinny pants and UCO as my only (scary) oil play, though I will probably wish I took better advantage of the oil crash (I already do). In a couple years, I don't know where our growth stocks will be (likely much higher) but I sleep better knowing I will be watching budweiser commercials during the superbowl, people will be drinking starbucks, using their credit cards, making bad finanical decisions to the banks favor and flying in airplanes which should mean 50+% returns.

Appreciate the forum, ideas, crystal balls (both working a not) and contrarian viewpoints.

Disclaimer: I don't stand behind any statements I make.

I once owned Enron.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
New ATH while the market is down thanks to my recent friends LVGO and FSLY. Plan to ride them out. Numbers for LVGO look great thus the 20% jump. On a personal note, I have fed BCBS which seems to promote them. I like that it seems to be a health care favorite since prevention/management is cheaper than waiting for more costly treatments down the road and patients seem to like it because people love their phones. It makes chronic disease management almost as easy as logging in to play candy crush. Diabetes, hypertension, weight management, behavioral health are precursors to all sorts of other diseases so a lot of financial benefits for the health care companies to avoid costs down the road. BCBS already pays members $170 ($340 with spouse) in copay money each year just to fill out a health assessment and do a few online health coach check-ins. Seems health care has figured out the cost benefit in prevention and LVGO seems well positioned. I may add KO to play the problem and the cure. I am actually thinking of KO as another alternative to cash in addition to WFC. Sold ESTC and SMAR and added to WFC today (and NET & CRWD). Probably going to be transitioning more to cash alternatives while staying fully invested.

Thinking back to January when China completely shut down all manufacturing. Not sure what red flag of imminent doom I was looking for but somehow missed that one. Luckily I had ZM and fools luck playing some drops and pops which I could never replicate. I was actually hoping for a larger drop without a V recovery just so PEs would get back in line and I would be comfortable 100% invested for another 8+ year run. Instead we find ourselves with even higher prices and lower earnings looking like a fed blown bubble. The Shiller PE ratio and Buffett Indicator flash run. Trump likely won't survive with the market struggling so hopefully it can be propped up through the elections. Biden seems to be the poll favorite so I may have to try and get ahead of the curve for once. ZM is to the pandemic as XX is to a Biden presidency (open to any suggestion). Looks like infrastructure and health care stocks may be the way to go. Infrastructure may be safe either way. Maybe some volatility plays as we get closer as a fail safe or something even more creative. Prefer to be more conservative than take a hit to the remarkable gains most of had made this year. Probably going to upgrade the crystal ball to solar, these crank ones fail without warning.

I may be writing this from my parents basement while wearing nothing but sad clown makeup, so please take that into consideration before listening to any of my drivel.
No. of Recommendations: 1
If any reasonable prices remain in china ADRs by Nov, they may do well under biden if dems choose not to blame china for everything.

Solar. Autonomous driving?

Things that are tax shelters?