Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I own a business with 70 employees. I have a Merrill Lynch 401k program that has all backend loaded funds and also no index funds avaliable. Does any "Fool" know who would sponsor a Vanguard Funds 401k in the Seattle area.
Print the post Back To Top
PaulMackay: "I own a business with 70 employees. I have a Merrill Lynch 401k program that has all backend loaded funds and also no index funds avaliable. Does any "Fool" know who would sponsor a Vanguard Funds 401k in the Seattle area."

I would start first by contacting Vanguard. I do not know whether they have a minimum of required employees (or maybe participants) or minimum dollars in plan requirements, but it never hurts to ask.

Regards, JAFO
"I own a business with 70 employees. I have a Merrill Lynch
401k program that has all backend loaded funds and also no index funds
avaliable. Does any "Fool" know who would sponsor a Vanguard Funds
401k in the Seattle area."

It's pretty likely that this won't have the size required for Vanguard, which I believe I've read only takes plans with over 100 participants. Check with Vanguard at its site, www.vanguard.com , though. I know you can request information about this online from there.

If Vanguard doesn't work out, you might check with TIAA-CREF.

Best,

Bill
PaulMackay: "I own a business with 70 employees. I have a Merrill Lynch 401k program that has all backend loaded funds and also no index funds avaliable. Does any "Fool" know who would sponsor a Vanguard Funds 401k in the Seattle area."

I would start first by contacting Vanguard. I do not know whether they have a minimum of required employees (or maybe participants) or minimum dollars in plan requirements, but it never hurts to ask.

Regards, JAFO