Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
It looks like CNS is doing a marketing push to existing shareholders. Today I received a box with a sample of the Vapor Shot, and a coupon for $1 off any CNS product.

I think this is a really good idea as stockholders are probably a more receptive and interested audience than the general public, but they may not be actively evangelizing the product due to lack of experience with it. I fall into this category. However tonight I will be trying the Vapor Shot before bed, and if it works I will mention it to my friends and family whenever they have a cold or have allergy problems.

Essentially, CNS is trying to create a highly distributed, low-cost sales force. That's what I like to see. ;-)

Cheers,
EasternSprint
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I didn't get an investor sample but I did notice that it was heavily advertised in the Sunday newspaper last weekend. Walgreens was promoting a $6.99 rebate offer (which made the Vaporshot free) and the cover of the coupon section was devoted to CNS with 2 coupons good for a dollar off of either the traditional strips, the vapor strips or the vapor shot. They seem to be ratcheting up their name penetration. I plan on picking up the full line later this week.

This is in the St. Louis market, BTW.

Take care,

Sebastiansarrow
No. of Recommendations: 1
Essentially, CNS is trying to create a highly distributed, low-cost sales force. That's what I like to see. ;-)

I'm not so certain of the low-cost sales force angle, but it is nice that they provided a free sample to us shareholders so we can have the opportunity to try the new product that we all own a piece of. :-)

It does cost money (our money) to send all of those packages out, but then, it costs money to send out annual reports too - and I think we investors can learn almost as much about the future prospects of the company by having and being able to try our new products as we could from reading an annual report.

I also like the timing of the product rollout - just in time for cold/flu season.

Next time I'm running errands to my local drug store I'll be sure to check for my new product on the shelves. I'm sure it will vary from location to location (and my neighborhood anecdotal survey won't tell me much on a national level), but where the product is physically placed (eye level or bottom shelf) can make a pretty big difference when it comes to sales. Maybe if we Fools combine efforts and report what we find by scanning the store shelves in our own respective areas we can get our own little independent 'national' survey of how prominently our new product is being displayed.

Regards,

Eldrehad

The Fiber Choice product is somewhat hidden in the fiber products section at a couple of the grocery stores that I frequent down here in Austin. However, what helps is the new label redesign, which is much more colorful than the previous version, which helps it stand out.

The Vapor products (strips & shot) are nicely displayed on the top shelf, boasting several different "flavors" (sizes, colors, etc). I forgot to get Sunday's paper, as another poster said there would be a coupon rollout, but I'm sure we had it here as well.

BTW, I'm a fan of Fiber Choice. It's hard to get 30-40 grams a day of fiber, unless you load up on broccoli and beans (making you a favorite of your loved ones and co-workers, for sure). I get the sugar-free version, which is thankfully aspartame-free as well. I think the taste is just fine, given the product.

I also use the strips on occassion, since I have a bit of a deviated septum, and Austin is the capital of allergies. It works fabulously, except that sometimes it tends to slide off in the middle of the night. At least my wife stops nudging me for snoring several times a night! ;)

Tom
"I also use the strips on occassion, since I have a bit of a deviated septum, and Austin is the capital of allergies. It works fabulously, except that sometimes it tends to slide off in the middle of the night."

It slides off if the skin is oily or damp when you apply it. Try giving the sides of your nose a quick swipe with a little rubbing alcolol on a cotton ball or Q-tip and letting it dry before you apply the strip.

BTW, I've lived in Ohio, Florida, Texas, and now Tennessee and EVERYPLACE claims to be the allery capital of the U.S. I think we're all just more sensitive to allergens than our ancestors were - maybe more pollutants in the air or something.
> ...Austin is the capital of allergies...

BTW, I've lived in Ohio, Florida, Texas, and now Tennessee and EVERYPLACE claims to be the allery capital of the U.S. I think we're all just more sensitive to allergens than our ancestors were - maybe more pollutants in the air or something.

But Austin really IS the capital of allergies!

http://www.aafa.org/templ/display.cfm?id=304&sub=515

Well, OK, at least in the top 5.

-Daniel
Hey Daniel, thanks for backing up my claim with facts! :)

rndar, thanks for the tip. I actually do that already, and it normally helps. For the times it doesn't, maybe CNS needs to sell "Breathe Right Strips Nose Preparation Formula". ;)

Tom
Did you fellow HG'ers get free Vapor Shot samples with your stock in a brokerage, ie street name?

TB
Hi TB

My shares were in street name.

tom
Did you fellow HG'ers get free Vapor Shot samples with your stock in a brokerage, ie street name?

I did. I imagine it's the same process by which they get me annual reports, etc..

Regards,

Eldrehad

"But Austin really IS the capital of allergies!"

OK, Austin "wins" (if you call that winning). Could be worse - we could live in Louisville.

I wish I could figure out how to italicize copied and pasted quotes. I read the direstions on the Fool FAQ page that said to put before and after the quote, but it doesn't work. I just get the cut and pasted quote with those symbols before and after them.

(rn)Dar

I did. I imagine it's the same process by which they get me annual reports, etc.

Thanks 1000 and Eldrehad. I may get a free sample yet. If not within a reasonable time, I'll probable buy some to have on hand.

TB
"I wish I could figure out how to italicize copied and pasted quotes."

Just use the appropriate tags: < i >Italicized text< /i >

Of course, remove the extra spaces inside the < > to actually get it to work.

-Daniel
I can't believe I was telling you what didn't work and when I saw my own message, part of it was italicized! Apparently it works if you are typing a message yourself. However, when I "pasted" a portion of someone else's message at the top of my reply and then tried to italicize it by adding the before the pasted message and after the pasted message, it hadn't worked. Will it only work if you type out the part of the message you want to copy, instead of cut and pasting it?

Dar
Will it only work if you type out the part of the message you want to copy, instead of cut and pasting it?

I copied and pasted the above question, and afterwards put the proper characters (i) and (/i) (except those ()'s were actually <>'s), and you can see the formatting above.

If you haven't tried it before, use the 'Preview Reply' button just below the text box for your post and you can check to see if the formatting is the way you like it, and if not, you'll have the option of edititing it before you submit your post.

Regards,

Eldrehad

If you haven't tried it before, use the 'Preview Reply' button just below the text box for your post and you can check to see if the formatting is the way you like it, and if not, you'll have the option of edititing it before you submit your post.

Thank you. I don't know why it didn't work before.

Dar