No. of Recommendations: 0
vasdoc2 posted a nice collection of links on superconductor technologies...

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1330942007066001&sort=postdate

SCON, ISCO, and CDTS are the ones getting all the attention. I read some of the technical details and here's a summary.

1) SCON and CDTS use thin film technology while ISCO uses thick film technology which is technically superior in reducing noise.

2) SCON uses a helium cooling system which is more expensive but requires no maintenance, while ISCO and CDTS both use a cheaper gas and the process requires occasional maintenance to replace oil. (lube job?)

I have a position larger than I should have bought in SCON, but it won't kill me if it drops significantly. I'll probably nibble on ISCO and maybe some CDTS.

Here's a snippet from the MSN article, "Superconductor Technologies, which boasts Intel (INTC) founder Robert Noyce as one of its own founders back in 1988, has nearly 60 superconducting patents to its credit..." that I found interesting along with the news of actual sales and deployments of the technology in wireless base stations.

I agree with your suggestion to add PLUG to the index.

Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.