Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
I've learned a couple of new vegetarian soup recipes recently that my husband and I love.

Pea-Basil OR Broccoli-Arugula Soup from http://goop.com/newsletter/15

1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, roughly diced
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced

2/3 lb trimmed broccoli, chopped OR frozen peas
2 1/2 cups water
salt & pepper to taste

3/4 cup arugula or fresh basil leaves
1/2 lemon, juiced

(1) Saute onion & garlic in oil for a couple of minutes.
(2) Add broccoli and saute for a few minutes till bright green, then add water. OR add frozen peas and water. Add salt & pepper. Bring to boil, then simmer till soft, around 8 minutes.
(3) Using a stick blender (or pour into a blender or food processor in batches), blend in the arugula or basil till fairly smooth, and then add the lemon.

These taste even better than they sound. For an ordinary dinner, DH & I enjoy these with a nice salad with complex ingredients since the soup is simple. For company, these soups make a nice first course.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.