Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
http://www.guardianunlimited.co.uk/business/story/0,3604,358741,00.html

With the problems that they are having at Verizon with the strikes by the Union, it is no wonder they announced such a move.

MYCROFT
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Mycroft,

First, wanted to thank you for your continuing insights into the wireless space.

The Wireless filing was in the works long before the strike reared it's head. Recent analysis indicates the strike may not affect the bottom line ($ saved during the strike offset by little direct impact to revenues).

The filing is more about raising $ to continue expansion. There appear to be some fairly aggresive plans out there which will of course require a little capital....

LazyD

Mycroft,

First, wanted to thank you for your continuing insights into the wireless space.

The Wireless filing was in the works long before the strike reared it's head. Recent analysis indicates the strike may not affect the bottom line ($ saved during the strike offset by little direct impact to revenues).

The filing is more about raising $ to continue expansion. There appear to be some fairly aggresive plans out there which will of course require a little capital....

LazyD

Thanks for the insight LazyD, I don't know that much about Verizon because they don't yet sell Nokia phones. But since that will be changing in October with the introduction of the 5185i then I will work my way to understanding the entire business.

MYCROFT
The Verizon strike didn't affect their wireless division. It was a wireline worker strike primarily their local workers in the Northeast. One of the things the unions wanted was a chance to sign up wireless workers. However, I don't know of anyone in the wireless industry in a union as the compensation and competition for employees is too high already for union protection to be needed.
Rat,

Looks like a bottoming chart to me.

One of the principals just bought 3 planes, all of which are in the millions. Either he has already cashed in some of his goodies, or he has continued faith.

Tea leaves look good.

Shaken