Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Vermonter wrote Your hip will be replaced outside a hospital? That amazes me. The doctor/surgeon will do it in his office or what?

No I don't believe hip replacements are done in doctor's offices. Rather in OutPatient surgery facilities. My guess is insurance or medicare or government or ??? has a definition of a hospital and that facility is not the required location.

A similar example of definitions - say Retirement community and there are not many requirements. Say "Assisted Living" and you have a stack of requirements. Say "Skilled Nursing" (aka nursing home) and you have a different more comprehensive set.

Both my wife and I had cataract surgeries in OutPatient facilities. I had rotator cuff surgery and my wife carpel tunnel surgery similarly in outpatient facilities.

All these medical procedures were done under anesthesia. There was not only an anesthesiologist on duty, but also a nurse anesthetist assigned and monitoring our heart and respiratory status during the procedures.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.