Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
NEW YORK (AP) -- Shares of E-Trade Financial Corp. surged Monday after reports said that a larger rival was considering a bid for the online brokerage, just a few days after its largest shareholder urged E-Trade to consider putting itself up for sale…. The Wall Street Journal reported Monday that TD Ameritrade is considering a bid for E-Trade, citing people familiar with the matter.

Like every brokerage firm out there, AmeriTrade does some things right, and some things wrong, one of which is bonds. Pray to whatever gods you pray to that such a deal does not happen. AmeriTrade is a horrible bond broker, continuing the path and practices of TD Waterhouse (whom they took over).

But what will happen, will happen, and now I'm out the door for a 2-3 week fishing trip. With river flows throughout the Western states at 2x-5x their seasonal averages, conditions are going to be challenging, to say the least. My fall-back will be pothole lakes and head-water creeks, if mosquitoes, horse flies, and grizzlies permit. But I'm looking forward to field-testing some rods I built just for this trip.
--------------------

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ETrade-shares-up-as-apf-873803...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.