Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Very clever:
That is my goal, to pay off my mortgage and have the tittle on my hand.
I hear people like for example, The Motley Fool saying that it's better to invest your money and not pay off your mortgage, that sounds to me like they are sitting on some bankers lap when they say that.
I have money invested on the market plus what I work I should be able to pay my house off in about 2-3 years and after that when I have accumulated around $100,000.00 and be depth free in around 4-5 years I'm going to quit working and live off the market.
If I have a bad year It does not matter because I'm debth free, if I have a good year I'll take an extra long vacation because I'm depth free.
You get the Idea and so do I, but there is some people out there that don't see this eye to eye.
Do ya feel the GREED?
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.