Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Very cool to hear. I'm not big on studios needing awards as a business model, especially one like Disney, but the good thing here is that the Oscars are on ABC.

I think it was mentioned by some pundit that Searchlight on the Fox side could act as the Oscar-bait studio. Disney should rebrand that label as Disney Searchlight and then keep all its Oscar experiments on that side of the ledger...as for the tentpole side, if it happens, great, if not, it won't make a difference. If I recall correctly, I think the Academy was going to change the telecast's awards process so that a popular film category was introduced...too bad the organization ended up not doing that, since it could have helped out Disney and made the telecast more popular. Just have a category for tentpoles, then an overall, traditional winner at the end that might end up being a tentpole, even if the odds are against it...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.