Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
From a frequent Seeking Alpha contributor on REITs:

Summary

REITs have been hit hard by the COVID-19 crisis. It led to missed rent payments, defaulting tenants, and dividend cuts.

However, it's not all negative. Most importantly, recent evidence indicates that things are headed toward the right direction for landlords.

Even the most beaten-down sectors, retail and office REITs, appear to be posed for a strong recovery as we put this crisis behind us.

We believe that now is a great time to invest while valuations are exceptionally low.

Read on:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4363391-good-news-for-reit-...

The one sector of REITs where I think the author is too optimistic is the office REITs.

David
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 17
From a frequent Seeking Alpha contributor on REITs:

Yeah, this is the same guy that you referenced in this thread https://boards.fool.com/the-time-to-buy-reits-is-right-now-3... who stated that, based on his experience in Estonia, the US should be 'back to normal in a few weeks' That was mid-June, and since then, the re-openings that he was touting have been significantly rolled back. His analytical and predictive skills seem to be underperforming.

We believe that now is a great time to invest while valuations are exceptionally low.

Yes, except the graphs he uses to show that VNQ dropped almost 10% and many sub-sectors dropped more start back on June 8, and on July 23, he posted an article entitled "Very Bad News for REIT Investors" https://seekingalpha.com/article/4359238-bad-news-for-reit-i... where he predicted another correction for REITs. Since then, VNQ has actually gone up over 2.5% Again, his analytical and predictive skills seem to be underperforming.

He's a frequent contributor to Seeking Alpha because he writes clickbait articles that flip flop between "things are great" and "things are horrible" in order to get people to sign up for his pay service.

Sorry, not worth the read, IMO.

AJ
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sorry, not worth the read, IMO.

Thanks, AJ. Good to know.

David
No. of Recommendations: 6
..... in order to get people to sign up for his pay service.

That's one reason. Supporting a short position, getting prospective clients to transfer accounts or sale of certain products (usually insurance related) are other reasons.

As I've said and will continue to say, the 'free' retail financial information marketplace is not there to educate, enlighten or inform. It is there to sell its medium, its products or its positions. This medium's process of 'Analysis' BEGINS with a conclusion (that is usually popular at that time), then the worker bees scour the data, 3rd party reports, economic speculation and anything else to find those line items that support their conclusion while downplaying, marginalizing, dismissing or simply ignoring those bits of information that do not support their conclusion.

In the end, the market place is indeed efficient: the quality of what you get is determined by what you paid for it.

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 0
Bruce;
You are dead on. I will not pay for any service.
I like S.A because most times they post dividend
announcements before other sites.

~~ MrMax ~~