No. of Recommendations: 103
DH must report for duty October 5th. He will be stationed in the US for three months, then in Iraq for 12 months, then stationed here again for 3 additional months (if he stays in Iraq longer, the last three months are shortened...theoretically).

Our second child is due February 4th, after Daddy leaves.

We (Quinten and pregnant self) are moving in with my parents while DH is gone. I don't like it, but it will accomplish two things: 1) Saved money - we should have enough for a house downpayment and all the crap to go inside when he gets back, and 2) help with the new baby. Those first few weeks are uber-hard, and throw in a absent spouse, and I should be a basketcase. Certifiable, show up for the next meeting nut job.

All our stuff that we can't bear to part with will go in storage, with a few select items like computer, TV, etc. coming with us to make our lives a little more "normal" My parent's basement is finished, so we will have our own bedroom, bathroom and living area, with only the CONSTANT interruption of people walking through to use the washer and dryer. It's gonna make those "I miss you" videos a little harder to tape for him, ifyougetmydriftwinkwink.

DH will be taking a laptop and a digital camera, and should have decent access to email. I will send pictures (Of the kids, dirty minds!) via email, and every once in a while will send a CD of lots of pictures and short home movies...first steps, first tooth, etc. As he had in Korea, we will also be acquiring an international cell phone for him, but they are pricey so will only used in emergencies and for scheduled calls.

And while all this is planned and executed, I'll still be pretending to be taking it well.

impolite
>>>>>this<<<<< close to a nervous breakdown, or a sudden move to Switzerland
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.