No. of Recommendations: 0
Very thought-provoking! I just read 'The Dilbert Future', by former Pac Bell employee Scott Adams. In this, he puts forth his belief that ISDN (!) will triumph over cable. This was written in 1997. His reason was that the telcos would be better at delivering services to the home than the cable companies. I recently got a cable modem. I was waiting for Bell Atlantic to finally get their act together and deliver DSL to my street when I came to my senses. After all, these are the same people who never delivered ISDN. I got the cable installed 2 days after making the call to @home.
Is DSL the better technology? Maybe. Is it worth waiting another year or more for? Not for me. I'm betting on the cable companies for now. Too hard to say what's best for the future. What I'd want is high speed wireless for the home, so I could use my laptop anywhere in the house or yard. What public companies are working in that space?

Mara
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.