Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
link:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/372361-v-f-s-ceo-discusses-q...

Looks like the board is pretty dead, but I'll throw something up here from the CC.

And we're closing in rapidly on our 2015 goal of 22% of revenues coming from our direct-to-consumer business, with direct-to-consumer revenues approaching that level this year.

I was trying to figure out how much of their revenues came from a direct-to-consumer sales. It sounds like they are going to hit 22% this year. I'm assuming that this is either internet sales or maybe catalog sales. I think as far as internet sales, most of the brands don't have a direct-to-consumer access. However, North Face, Timberland, Nautica, and a few others do; which is probably 80% of the total revenue anyways.

I haven't looked at pricing, but I imagine that buying direct there is no cost savings to the consumer in order to protect retail partners. Even so, I would think there would be some blow back from retailers who handle the brands.

I would also imagine that there has to be an enormous margin disparity between selling direct and using the conventional store retail channel.

C2H5SH
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.