Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
VFINX is far better than WM Group of Funds - Strategic Growth Portfolio, specifically the B shares. B Shares, according to their site, have a 5% deferred sales charge and fees of 1.13% per year. Avoid at all costs. VTSMX is a better choice than VFINX IMO. Personally I wouldn't keep such a high cash emergency fund unless I had high fixed expenses and/or an unstable job.

>>Would I have to find a non-proprietary index fund that works like VFINX?

Unsure what you mean by this; all funds are proprietary, but I would simply open the Roth at Vanguard directly and not worry too much about their small fees, which will go away once you reach their thresholds.

Nick

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.