Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
New trouble is brewing on the Viacom front.

Apparently Paramount, a sub company, is planning a TV show for the "Dr. Laura" and this is currently under fire by several groups.

For those of you who haven't heard "Dr. Laura" is a physiologist (NOT a psychologist) who runs a nationally syndicated radio talk show. She has recently decided, after being a supporter for years, to attack gay rights groups as "deviant behavior." She goes on to associate a gay couple living together as the same as bestiality and pedophilia.

This has enraged many human rights organizations and launched several campaigns to get her removed. Paramount is now getting picketed and pulled into this controversy and I believe it will be not good.

Personally I hope they discontinue plans for the show as not good will come from it. UPN/Paramount/Viacom is struggling enough on its own, we don't need to invite a big boycott.

DRD AKA Fool TooHats
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
As a stockholder I intend to write to Viacom to protest any plans to give Laura Schlessinger a TV show. She's a nasty, mean-spirited woman who thinks she is the chosen of God to tell everyone how to live.

Then again.........

Remember what has been said in the past......

Nobody every went broke by underestimating the taste of the American public.

<<** Larry **>>
Print the post Back To Top