Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
on Yahoo SIRI msg board today, June 15.

He seems to be saying the same thing I did in my earlier post today to you Howard.

T'gropoly may well understand what he is saying, and have a command of the Proton details. I was only transcribing the reply from a family member in the space biz, who, unlike me, does understand the space technology side fairly well.

I don't understand the technology as well as I should, although I do know the snow jobs thrown at SIRI investors from those announcing the threat from cellular phone access to the internet in your car. Have to know about that snow job in particular, to protect my own investment in SIRI. I have learned a lot on that cellular internet access for radio mythology from a number far smarter than I in that field.

The conclusion on the cellular myth-- which others can look into as well to see if the conclusion is right? Its access for streaming audio in a moving vehicle is pretty much a dud that would cost a fortune anyway even if it was smooth streaming because of how companies-- AirTouch, Bell South-- charge for cellular access.

My strong suit, contrary to the technology mavens, is the economics side of markets, and threading through inconsistencies and falsehoods of the short-against-new-technologies crowd and the wild rides such falsehoods from them are for even those who buy at low, low prices.

Thanks again VideoUSAF for the article on the problems in Kazakhstan that you posted the other day-- I did learn some new things about the space business having asked about the article you posted (I would not have learned about them had I not read your article) and the things in it with those who know the issues facing all launch providers.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.