Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
ville1 asked in part:

i am participating in a 457 deferred comp. with my employer where i make all contributions approximately 4000 year. if invest in ira for $2000 year, is the amount also deducted if income is approx. $55000 year?

If you're asking if your contribution to the IRA can be deductable, if you're filing status is single with $55000 agi, no. If married filing joint partially. For a better explanation, check the Fools All About IRAs section. Here's the link.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.