Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
vkg
My husband is no longer working, and at some point so will I.

Even though our incomes were close, it is going to reduce our taxes by more than half. Hey, if I stop working, we will be eligible for subsidized health insurance.

Here is a major concern vkg. As a RE person, I presume you have a decent nest egg. With the way wealth is being demonized in this country, it's not hard to imagine the growing 'entitlement' mentality to grow to the point where someone with 1 mil nest egg (only 40k per year) as a rich sob that needs to be hit with a wealth tax.

Remember Al Gore ranting about the dignitiy of labor over the dignity of wealth...or something like that.

RE people will be a target because of their investments. It will start slow...but it will happen. Taxing the super rich is not enough. 1 million sounds awful good to the average Joe living on 25k of ss or a minority sucking off the system.

decath
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.