Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
vkg: "Along with with alternating years for charitible deductions, you might have the option of timing of part of your property tax. Alternating paying 1 1/2 one year and 1/2 the next year."

If you are in Texsa, you can time it to be 2x and 0.

Tax bills generally arrive in October and you have until 1/31/ of the following year to pay without being delinquent. The bill becomes delinquent if February 1 arrives without payment having been received.

Thus one year you pay in January (for the prior year) before delinquency and then you pay in December of the same year for the current year.

The following year make no tax payments; make it in January of the following year for the year just ended. Then for the next year make it in December to double up.

Regards, JAFO
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.