No. of Recommendations: 0
I just found a puzzling discrepancy between VL results from two different computers running the same VL software. Has any one else seen this?

Friday I downloaded the latest weekly data set from VL onto my desktop. I calculated the PEG-13 list in preparation for trading on Monday.

For grins I just download the same weekly data onto my laptop and calculated the PEG-13 list again. Two of the top ten were not the same!

I verified the software is the same. I also verified the filter and user formulae: they are identical. I can think of only two possible causes for the difference:

1) VL updated the data between Friday afternoon and Sunday night,

2) the processors in the machines are different (Pentium II vs. Celeron)

The list generated by my PII using Friday's data is identical to that published on the TMF site. The list generated by my laptop is:

NOVL
TTN
MENT
CIEN
WAT
ADI
JMED
INTU
ATML
SFA

Any insights?

Cordially,

Issaquah
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.