No. of Recommendations: 1
Volenteer service, is a perk. But if you are no longer qualified due to missing training, then the benefits should stop until the training is made up. If you are In Charge, that means you have the positional athority to require attendence. I have been on several different volenteer positions where some members of clients out ranked me. But as I was the NCOIC, I was incharge. The officers would usually defer to my background, they may suggest, but if I stated that someone was no longer qualified due to missing trainng then they were out. Yes it is a bear when you are short manned. But if the integrity of the unit is in question for people not being trained, then you are at the point where people should be held accountable.

My duties were in the SAR and lifesaving areas, all volenteer. We had junior troops that had to enforce the rules on people that are very senior to them. But in most cases the seniors know the person was there to do a job, and went along.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.