Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
VR/AR are likely to be a very prevalent thing, good point Dreamer. Making shopping, entertainment, and gaming more real and virtual.

And I think tinker is right too. For now the most obvious seems the enablers. Not be a cheerleader but again I have to tout Nvidia here. Pro visualization is one of the least talked about segments but I think it has huge potential. In order to sell a VR headset content makers will need to produce a compelling experience. With the new Quadro chips they announced last month with Raytracing for example they are enabling new areas that content makers haven’t had access to before. You look to at all forms of entertainment providers like movie theaters and amusement parks that will want to incorporate virtual rides. Disney Land and World are building a new Millennium Falcon rose that will have virtual features. They are powering it with Nvidia Quadro.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/03/28/walt-disney-imagine...

Man that looks fun.

Individual consumers of virtual media will need something at home to power it. And again it comes back to Nvidia and high end GPUs or maybe a streaming gaming service where the hardware is in the cloud. I think if Dreamers VR/AR theme is taking off look to how Nvidia’s pro V segment for evidence. I think this is the year that segment starts to really get a lot of attention.

Retailers and ecommerce will benefit too. Early ones standing out are SHOP (and their customers) and Amazon.

I like your idea on block chain and Square. I see the block chain connection here as part of a larger mega trend of Cashless Society and person to person, business to customer, and business to business ever changing from cash transactions to digital transactions. Block chain will be a part of this evolution. But so will currencies. The two most promising in this space to me are PayPal and Square. I have then both.

Darth
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.