Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 19
Gentlemen

I am getting creamed in this market, but whatever extra cash I have on hand I continue to invest. There certainly may be better bargains tomorrow but the pickings are pretty good today
VTR now yields 5.5% and is off about a third from its high. This is certainly an excellent entry point for those who already are not overwieghted on this issue.
TPZ has not been discussed on the board. This closed end fund invests in MLPs and infrastructure stocks, about 50% bonds and 50% stocks. It is broadly diversified in its sector. As best I can calculate its yield is now about 8% with the warning that their is 20% leverage here. It is off more than 30% from its high and is close to its all-time low. It is now paying 0.138 monthly and has never paid less than0.125% monthly. Note it has always traded below NAV. As the price keeps dropping I keep adding. The large majority of its holdings will not go belly up unless we are going back to the stone age.
AMU - An exchange traded note currently yielding about 6.5% and holds an index of the MLPs which are being slaughtered. I will happily collect my 6.5% and wait for better days.
KMI - now a C-Corp is off almost a third from its high and yields about 6.4% with the expectation of strong dividend growth in the coming years.
This is the most risky of my picks since it is a single company.

All I can say is that I wish that I could see the bottom. These nerve racking days may go on for quite some time.

Respectfully,
Martin
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.