Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just got a packet in the mail from another state where an employee has apparently defaulted on his student loans to the point that they are garnishing his wages. Fortunately, we utilize an "employee leasing" situation, so technically I am not his employer - rather the leasing company is - so they have to deal with it.

It kind of freaked me out and made me mad to see that his (the employee) not tending to his matters well subjects me to this additional hassle of having to withhold this money and remit it each pay period. I would be subject to federal penalties if something happens and the $$ doesn't get there.

Have any of y'all dealt with this? Can it reflect on the employees status (i.e. be mentioned on a performance review)?

CB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.