Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Just an fyi question/answer thingy on Medscape. Free registration is required.
Warning, Medscape is for 'medical professionals' ; which I'm not. But, I've still signed up for their free weekly emails (you get to pick the subject; mine, of course, is diabetes); and they deliver the real research results (not Science News condensed, be forewarned! And I have a Science News subscription myself. But the summaries are often understandable--even to me!)
And you can set up a 'homepage' inside it, with your primarily-interested news; so mine is a Diabetes and Endicrinology page.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/460876
Diabetes & Endocrinology Ask The Expert
Waiting for a Change in Hemoglobin A1C
Posted 09/09/2003
from Medscape Diabetes & Endocrinology

Question

How long do you need to wait to see a change in hemoglobin A1C after making a modification in a diabetes medication regimen?

Response

from John B. Buse, MD, PhD, CDE, FACE, 09/09/2003

EXCERPT:

...Because A1C seems to have a half-life of about 28 days, of the eventual change in A1C that would occur over 3 months after a change in treatment, perhaps 50% will occur within 1 month and 75% in 2 months.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.