Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
I just hit the Wal-Mart store one block from my regular hotel here in Beijing, China. For those of you familiar with the city, Wal-Mart is just one block away from the most prestigious shopping and office center in the city. It's called the CCP or China Central Place. I always stay at the JW Marriott in the same location.

Wal-Mart located this store in the first basement level of a high rise office building, and the customer street level entrance is around the back.

Needless to say, this ain't your garden variety Kansas City Wal-Mart Dorthy. But it does have a lot of the standard features you would find in a US based store. I tried taking a couple pictures with my cell phone, but it was getting on to dark.

Yes, the store was busy. The prices were cheap compared to other retailers in the area, and stock was plentiful. It has a way to go in the general cleanliness measures, but compared to most Chinese retailers it was spotless :)

I bought a set of Chinese Checkers for the kids; what else.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.