Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I haven’t been able to soak in a bathtub since I got my steel knees twelve or thirteen years ago. The one thing I cannot do with these knees is kneel, and you just can’t get out of a tub without rolling over onto your knees first - just try it. Luckily I have a very nice stall shower, and I do get a good soak when I take my exercise class in the town indoor pool.

I never have to scrub the bathtub, although I do dust it now and then, ha ha.

For a long time I eyed those ads for walk in tubs, but the cost kept putting me off, and then one day it hit me! You can’t get out of one of those walk in tubs until all the water has gone down the drain! Meanwhile you sit there naked and shivering, waiting to be able to open the door and walk out! Same thing getting into the thing - get in there naked, have a seat, then turn on the water and sit there while the water covers your feet, then your ankles, then your shins, then . . . well, you get it.

I can picture thousands and thousands of these things sitting unused all across the country.

Any of you ever tried one?

Trini
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.