Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I haven’t been able to soak in a bathtub since I got my steel knees twelve or thirteen years ago. The one thing I cannot do with these knees is kneel, and you just can’t get out of a tub without rolling over onto your knees first - just try it. Luckily I have a very nice stall shower, and I do get a good soak when I take my exercise class in the town indoor pool.

I never have to scrub the bathtub, although I do dust it now and then, ha ha.

For a long time I eyed those ads for walk in tubs, but the cost kept putting me off, and then one day it hit me! You can’t get out of one of those walk in tubs until all the water has gone down the drain! Meanwhile you sit there naked and shivering, waiting to be able to open the door and walk out! Same thing getting into the thing - get in there naked, have a seat, then turn on the water and sit there while the water covers your feet, then your ankles, then your shins, then . . . well, you get it.

I can picture thousands and thousands of these things sitting unused all across the country.

Any of you ever tried one?

Trini
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Trini:

Can't imagine it. I have wondered about all that water filling and draining, too.

Our renovated bathroom has a nice walk-in shower (with grab bar), but across the room is a lovely white volcanic limestone slipper tub my wife wanted. She has to climb over the side, yes, but the side IS there to help climb back out of it, too!

Vermonter
No. of Recommendations: 1
Trini:

Can't imagine it. I have wondered about all that water filling and draining, too.

Our renovated bathroom has a nice walk-in shower (with grab bar), but across the room is a lovely white volcanic limestone slipper tub my wife wanted. She has to climb over the side, yes, but the side IS there to help climb back out of it, too!

Vermonter

You remind me. When we moved into our house, it was exactly what we wanted. Well, almost. $100,000 remodeling later, it is now perfect. For us, not necessarily for anyone else. The master bath is large, maybe not huge by some standards*, but it has a five foot by 32 inch built-in tub (It was a jacuzzi when we bought it. Part of our remodel.) Big shower, nine foot counter with two talevera sinks and two towers for stuff that doesn't fit below. Tile floors, tiled everything. (You can start to understand how we spent that kind of money, no?) She wouldn't let me have a bidet, so we compromised on a Toto Washlette. She liked it so much, we now have three of them. The house (with guest house) has a total of four bathrooms (only two when we bought it), all similarly equipped, and similarly tricked out in tile. (but only two bedrooms! One of which is my office.)

CNC
*Our small window fashions business (Drapery, blinds, etc) took us into some very wealthy homes, multiple millions of dollars. It kinda warped our perceptions of such things.
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<For a long time I eyed those ads for walk in tubs, but the cost kept putting me off, and then one day it hit me! >>

Heh, heh! My bathtub hit me like a TON OF BRICKS!

Seattle Pioneer