stocknovice's August portfolio review

Wanted to follow up after doing some research. Saul, sorry to continue this but hope it adds materially to the discussion.

Brian, it does! This is why you’re my favorite Fool writer. Well, that and your constant clear writing…which I haven’t seen as much of lately…I wish the Fool would make a better feed so I better could follow the writers I like. Sorry, tangent.

In the six months ended June 30, 2019 and the year ended December 31, 2018, Netflix and YouTube accounted for more than 50% all hours streamed in each period…we do not receive material revenue from [YouTube]. (and I assume Netflix either)

I’m not surprised Netflix and Youtube account for 50%. So that’s $0 revenue on 50% of the hours streamed. It makes it all the more amazing to me that Roku is making $21/year per user! I actually think the ad buyers are getting ripped off. Think about it. Netflix gets what, a little over $100/year per subscriber. $21 for ad supported content is a lot! They’re touting 9.4 billion hours, but half are unrelated to ads.

Makes me nervous more than it makes me interested. But I’m sure others see it differently.

Bear

3 Likes