No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a First USA Bank Platinum Visa which has, in the past, given me a 1% rebate. However, at the end of 2000, they discontinued this rebate program. So now I'm looking for a new card. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew
Print the post Back To Top
Verizon has a visa card that gives you 1% cash back on the purchases.
I used Toys R Us and TJ Maxx Visas with the rebates being store credits. In store rebates exceed 1% while all others are 1%.
I have Citibank's Platinum Dividend Card, or is that Dividend Card (without Platinum) anyway they offer to convert my regular Platinum VISA to a *DIVIDEND* Card... Dividend being 1% back on all purchases.

Hope this helps

Alessandro
it says a dividend card is taxable... i dont think cashback (like discover) is.

anyone care to confirm?
it says a dividend card is taxable... i dont think cashback (like discover) is.

They are supposedly income and as such are considered taxable. Do you get a 1099?

john
[Regarding my Citibank Dividend Card]

I can't confirm nor deny...

the card's currently my Debt carrying card, as long as the intro APR is alive... so I haven't made any purchases. No idea if the dividend incurs taxation or not.

As a rule I try to use my Discover card instead of VISA or MC anyway... I find Discover's advertisement a little more in tune with my view of Credit than VISA's.

Plus it keeps the market a little more competitive.
ive never had to submit 1099 for my discover cashback and ive had it for 4 years now. so i dont think discover cashback is taxable