Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
wappinghigh

i think this type of insider trading goes on in every market - we (ie the small investor) hears about things second hand - from the press (as in the case of AMP) and from analyst reports. therefore i beleive we have to do quite thorough research - why is a company's share price decreasing, what is happening to its earnings over the long term etc. that is why i am a long term investor - if the price of a company drops and i believe the management is top notch, the earnings are improving, it is a good business etc and the price i paid was not over the top (of course) then if the price drops i don't worry and just hang in for the long term.

regards Judy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.