Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/mexico-prez-us...

Mexican President Felipe Calderon says the legalization of marijuana for recreational use in two U.S. states limits America's "moral authority" to ask other nations to combat or restrict illegal drug trafficking. Calderon says the legalization of marijuana in Washington and Colorado represents a fundamental change that requires the rethinking of public policy in the entire Western Hemisphere.

Calderon was joined on Monday by leaders of Belize, Honduras and Costa Rica in calling for the Organization of American States to study the impact of the new laws and saying the United Nations' General Assembly should hold a special session on the prohibition of drugs by 2015 at the latest.

Marijuana Legalization Victories Are Already Ripping the Drug War Apart

http://stopthedrugwar.org/speakeasy/2012/nov/14/marijuana_le...

Imagine that you're Felipe Calderon, a long-serving and faithful puppet of the American drug war juggernaut, and you look up and see something like this unfolding even as your own people are dying in the streets. To say that we've lost our "moral authority" here is an understatement. We never had any to begin with.

Listen closely and you might make out the whispers of the drug war's dumbfounded defenders as they continue struggling to form a response. The moral authority in American drug policy is being reclaimed bravely by the American people themselves, and the message they've sent is now echoing around the world.

War is not good for Mexicans and other living things.

--fleg
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Mexican President Felipe Calderon says the legalization of marijuana for recreational use in two U.S. states limits America's "moral authority" to ask other nations to combat or restrict illegal drug trafficking. Calderon says the legalization of marijuana in Washington and Colorado represents a fundamental change that requires the rethinking of public policy in the entire Western Hemisphere.

Well it's about time SOMETHING causes someone to rethink a policy of making it a felony to amuse oneself in a way that does no harm to anyone else.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I dunno. I have this urge to roll my eyes whenever I hear a politician lecture others on morality. Sorta like a harlot lecturing on virtue.
No. of Recommendations: 0

Well it's about time SOMETHING causes someone to rethink a policy of making it a felony to amuse oneself in a way that does no harm to anyone else.

Marijuana? Marijuana? In order to avoid the rioting we are going to have with the economic garbage we are heading to, we are going to be feeding Christians to the loins and having people battle to the death for defaulting on their mortgages, marijuana is an easy call
I dunno. I have this urge to roll my eyes whenever I hear a politician lecture others on morality. Sorta like a harlot lecturing on virtue.

Don't roll them too tight or you won't get a good draw
DW and I had a dinner discussion last night about legalizing drugs in the US. I'm in favor, because it will save billions in law enforcement expenses and it's a great way to raise new tax revenue. I think most prescription drugs should be available in drug stores without prescriptions as well, so long as the pharmacist hands out appropriate warning sheets for the drugs. Anyway, with 4 more years of Obama and the Dems, most sane people will need to be drugged in order to tolerate the new ObamaWorld.

There are lots of virtues a harlot could plausibly lecture on.

Chastity is not among them, though.