Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The day after I drove my new Nissan Altima SE off of the dealers lot, I noticed I had a nail in the drivers side rear tire. When I took the car to be serviced by a local repair shop, they said the tire was not repairable because the nail was too close to the sidewall. The dealer I bought the car from is telling me that I have to pay for a new tire. I'm having a hard time with that idea. The tire didn't even have 70 miles on it. In addition, Bridgestone-Firestone says their warranty does not cover roadside hazzards. Any advice on how to handle this is greatly appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
I'd return the tire to the dealer the way Grandma does on the Discount Tire tv advertisements.

UncleLee

I guess they're right, but I would think that for good will purposes they would at least offer to split the cost of a new tire with you.

This is one of those situations with no clear cut right or wrong. A little "do unto others...." by all concerned usually provideds the quickest and fairest resolution.
No. of Recommendations: 5
The dealer I bought the car from is telling me that I have to pay for a new tire. I'm having a hard time with that idea. The tire didn't even have 70 miles on it.

Let me get this straight: You want something for free from parties not responsible or liable?

First, tires are not warranted by Nissan or the dealership. They are covered by the tire manufacturer. Even the makers of run-flat tires don't promise their shoes are nail-proof.

Second, the nail is bad luck and happens to everyone eventually. Your situation is NOT due to the fault, neglegence, or whatever of Nissan or Bridgestone/Firestone. They have no role or liablity here.

Third, it doesn't matter if you got the puncture 5 feet or 50,000 miles off the dealer's lot. That's called owning a car, man, and the title of your post suggests you've already decided you're entitled to expense-free motoring or something.

Suck it up and enjoy the car. I hope you got the all the available ponies and the 6-speed.

5Speed
I hope you got the all the available ponies and the 6-speed.
===*===
You can't get the Altima with a 6-speed, that is the Maxima.

http://www.nissandriven.com/vehicles/Configurator/0,9442,20700|20712|1|,00.html

knight427
a Nissan owner wannabe