Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Was it just a rumor then about there being some info out there that you based your decision off of, that you could not divuldge for free?

I'm not Jeff, but I think I can answer this question anyhow.... =)

The Motley Fool has no special information that isn't available to the general public at large.

However, they do have this thing called the Motley Fool Select which has the fruits of their research organized into something a little more coherent than you'd find floating around in the general public, and subscribing to this does cost money. I haven't seen the latest issue, but it seems they wrote about sattelite radio, Sirius, or some combination of the two. While all facts in the article are of public domain, they've done a lot of legwork and intrepretation of the facts you won't find anywhere else. And that's what you'd be paying for.

I subscribed to the Motley Fool Select last year and thought it very worth while, but due to my currently unemployed status and the fact that I'll probably be out of the country for much of this year, I chose not to resubscribe. Maybe after all my travels are done and I'm ready to settle down with a job again I'll resubscribe.

How'd I do answering the question, Jeff? =)

-- Ryan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.