Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Watching Banshee now!

The lead is the main bad superhero from The Boys series on Amazon. I had no idea.

Great concept and pilot was non stop. So far so good!

---

I binge-watched 3 or 4 episodes late last night. Soooo good.
I probably could have watched for 24 hours straight if I had no responsibilities or life in general.

What is nice about the show is the lack of obvious storylines and the frenetic pace of the chaos.
Like...there are two main mafia-ish kingpins, a master thief, a former con/bartender, the requisite computer/hacker expert, badass ex-girlfriend, tons of other eye candy, and of course the Amish.

I have no idea how the current storylines can make it a full season, let alone 4 seasons, but excited to watch it play out. The status of things by episode 4 is what I would have expected by season 2 or so...not sure how they keep up this pace.

Similar chaos/entertaining shows:
Animal Kingdom
Spartacus
Sons of Anarchy
Walking Dead (when it is good)
Reprisal
Prison Break (when it was good, early on)
Ray Donovan
Black Sails

So Banshee is right up my alley at moment. I saw it mentioned here first, and then online I saw an awards show clip or something where actors were raving about it being their favorite show. So since that was my second time hearing it, I searched Hulu and was happy to see it resided on HBO Max, which I had an active subscription on. I never really had cinemax before, so that explains how this one went under my radar.

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.