Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've been sort of plugged out of the Presidential race, so perhaps my instinct is rusty. (Of course in 2004, I rightly called the electoral total a year in advance but whose keeping score ;)

Not a whiz-bang night so far for either man, but it seems Obama is winning the debate in my opinion.

The GOP has nominated its Al Gore...a good man, a knowledgable man, who has trouble connecting with people, and explaining in VOTER-SPEAK just "what this means to you". In 2000's debate, Gore was whining about "Dingell Norwood", now Romney chatting up "Dodd-Frank"....while the President is telling voters how ObamaCare helps them.

The president looks rather solid and composed, MUCH better than he did in his debates against Hillary 4 years ago. Also, I do my geek-test....watch the debate with MUTED volume, and see who "looks" like he's winning via posture, eyes, etc. Obama passes that test tonite.

Frankly, I think Sarah Palin could've taken Obama to the woodshed better than Mitt is doing but per my disclaimer, I could be wrong, I don't know the ebbs and flows of politics this year.

Well Mitt, go forth. Be "principled". Tomorrow, go tell Ohio and Michigan why it's so good for them that their jobs that used to pay $22/hour, are now paying $4/hour in Mexico. Tell them how progress like that is helping them. As usual, be a good Republican, fall on the trade sword, alienate the LAST region in America that could be yours, let Democrats PRETEND that they aren't into free trade....and well, make sure you are gracious when you concede to the President. NEXT, tell Americans why we support Israel no matter what, even when American Jews support Obama, and synagogue congregations see members walk-out on Michelle Bachmann.

The debate could turn on a dime tonite. The race could turn on a gaffe, a future debate, etc.

But 1 year ago when obama was at 40% in polls, I said he'd win re-election.

Sadly, my bet is still on Obama. (Not all sad though. I think he'll punish the nation good, and perhaps 2016 will see the Reagan reaction to 8 years of Carter?)

Jedi...wishes I had something better to do than watch politics anymore. It's really started to suck. Even the commentary afterwards is so childish, so Facebook, so Twitter, so Maddow, so Hannity, so RedState, so Koz. I miss the days of Russert, Kinsley, Buchanan, Ron Reagan Junior, etc.

Sucks.
Print the post Back To Top
Seems some of DC's pols think Romney won.

Hope they're right.

Jedi
Anyone who thinks Romney didn't win has some good stuff in the pipe.

Whether this changes the outcome; who knows, but it was a clear butt whipping tonight.

It's hard to tell whether Obama really believes what he was saying and thinks his plan will turn the economy around, or if, as some say, he wasn't on his A game.

However when you ask the moderator to change topics; not good !!
He asked the mod to change topics? REALLY? After awhile I muted it and played Scrabble online.

Jedi
Yes, Romney was crushing Obama in a back and forth exchange about taxes on small businesses and Obama desperately turned to the moderator and asked, "can we talk about something else?"

If I recall the exchange started with Obama saying he only wants to raise taxes on 3% of small businesses and that 97% would not see their taxes raised. Romney countered that the 3% represent half the small business jobs and thus 1/4 of all jobs with a study concluding that the proposed tax would cost 700,000 jobs. Romney pointed out that any tax revenue generated from the businesses would be more than countered by the revenue lost from losing that many tax paying employees.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Look at Chris Matthews...incensed by Obama's performance.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/03/chris_matt...
No. of Recommendations: 3
Nobody's sayin' nuthin' on the PA board. They know their fool lost--big time.
Look at Chris Matthews...incensed by Obama's performance.
--------------------------------------------------
That's the debate i saw, not sure which one AOL saw. I think Bill Maher tweeted something like, "he really could've used his teleprompter out there".
Nobody's sayin' nuthin' on the PA board. They know their fool lost--big time.

CC

CC,

Thanks for wading into that cesspool (re: Star Wars bar scene) and checking the denizens' responses to the debate. <g>

Mike
That's the debate i saw, not sure which one AOL saw.

I think he must have tuned in the wrong channel and been watching the movie Blade -- and thought Wesley Snipes was Obama.

--fleg
Even the next morning, crickets at PA.